Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
MEMBER SERVICES ASSOCIATE
The Member Services Associate (MSA) plays a vital and expanding role on the Membership Team in our effort to cultivate donor relationships and raise revenue to support EDF’s program work. Reporting to the Manager, Member Services, the MSA serves as the organization’s first point-of-contact for a variety of issues, engagement opportunities with the general public and stewardship efforts with our members and activists. The MSA must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to represent EDF in a professional and personable way with prospects and members is essential especially when problem-solving and fielding inquiries.
This will be a hybrid position based out of our Washington D.C. office.
Handle incoming telephone calls, letters and emails from members, activists and the general public with the utmost of care, attention and respect by addressing concerns, answering questions, and otherwise negotiating mutually satisfactory resolutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve emerging issues as well as engage with and build positive relationships with members to deepen their interest in EDF.
- Advocate for members by communicating their questions and concerns to the Membership team at large to ensure they have a voice and improve future member communications.
- Assist Senior Specialist of Member Services in developing a dynamic standard operating procedures manual to allow for seamless management of inbound communications and reporting.
- Preserve good working relationships with key internal and external contacts.
- Maintain integrity of our member database through regular updates of member records. Work with the team to identify and address gaps in the database systems that undermine proper membership treatments, as well as lead data hygiene projects.
- Oversee Tribute Gift receipting and acknowledgment to insure prompt and accurate correspondence.
- Coordinate all fulfillment requests for the Member Services Team.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- Complete additional projects as assigned.
At least one year customer service experience.
- Proficiency with standard business applications, such as MS Office, and familiarity with databases.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment with changing business needs.
- Ability to oversee details of projects with high accuracy and while meeting critical deadlines.
- Ability to complete projects independently with limited oversight.
- Well-developed proofreading, writing and editing skills.
- Clear and understandable verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and a genuine desire to work with people.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Experience and interest in environmental protection is highly desirable.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. The pay range for this role is 49,000 - 53,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site at: https://www.edf.org/jobs/member-services-associate-1
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.