Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) seeks a Data Analyst to ensure database development, data manipulation, and data integrity for the RISD Fund. Working within the Division of Institutional Advancement, the Data Analyst will support the Division’s efforts to secure private funding through individuals, corporations, and foundations in order to advance RISD’s mission. The Analyst will work closely with the Director of Advancement Technology and the RISD Fund team to help with the development of tools and procedures that support an integrated data environment with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge NXT and Blackbaud Net Community (BBNC) platforms.
We seek applications from equity-minded candidates who will thrive in a campus environment that is committed to advancing the principles of social equity and inclusion, and equal access to resources and opportunities.
Complex Data Extraction and Manipulation (60%)
- RISD Fund: Coordinate the execution of complex queries and reports, the building and sending of electronic files and the working with third party contractor(s) (direct mail, phonathon, and other third-party vendors as needed)
- Perform data review and analysis including but not limited to, analyzing the performance of past giving campaigns and segmentation performance. Make recommendations, offer insights and perceptions, supported by data analysis, regarding future RISD Fund activities
- Analyze giving performance of RISDs giving societies members and made recommendations for future practice.
- Develop queries to pull defined giving segments and donor name formats to create donor recognition lists for Institutional Advancement’s Momentum publication and online donor lists
- Demonstrate proficiency with The Raiser’s Edge, BBNC, and GiveCampus platforms entering and maintaining clean, accurate data that adheres to departmental data integrity standards. Assist with the development and execution of routine audits and maintenance protocols
- Develop and maintain requested lists based on various components for RISD’s BBNC platform
- Conduct importing and exporting of data for the department’s various needs to fulfill criteria and deadline requests across programs
Management of BBNC: Blackbaud’s Net Community and GiveCampus Platforms (30%)
The Analyst will use a deep knowledge of RISD’s data and its configuration within Raiser’s Edge and NXT to develop, test and clone integrated template parts for Net Community pages:
- Build and manage event registration sites, including RISD Weekend and individual events
- Build and manage online giving transaction pages for the RISD Fund (annual giving) and other fundraising campaigns on both Net Community and GiveCampus platforms
- Develop queries to pull data into email communications with conditional content as needed
- Actively work with the Database Manager and Applications Specialist to optimize data integration between Raisers Edge NXT and BBNC
- Develop online survey forms to capture feedback from constituents to provide attitudinal as well as biographical and philanthropic interest data
- Proactively engage with RISD Media Group colleagues to coordinate BBNC and risd.edu web pages and IE websites, in addition to the Institutional Engagement websites and content; observe RISD style specifications for formatting web pages and content
- Ensure proper HTML coding is in place and correct issues presented by other staff members for templates, email messages, and overall appearance of messages coming from BBNC
- Analyze the user experience and continually look for ways to improve it
- Support various projects within Advancement Services
- Staff key RISD campus events, such as Commencement + Reunion and RISD Weekend
- Assist the Advancement Services team with data entry and maintenance, donation processing, reporting, and list pulls, as needed
- Work with Institutional Advancement’s existing system integrations with data from other campus offices
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in business, finance, accounting, or computer science or other Bachelor’s degree with related data management experience
- Knowledge of development, fundraising, and advancement services and functions in higher education or complex not-for-profit environment
- Three years of experience in a development office performing database management and analysis
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to write complex queries and work with technical colleagues regarding the database, its email client, and online giving web pages
- Strategic and analytical insight to identify and solve business, marketing and technology problems
- Strong communication skills with an ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of constituents (individual donors, alumni, business leaders, public figures, faculty, and staff), within an environment that values diversity.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines. Capability to work independently and collaboratively with moderate supervision.
- Excellent organization skills, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage multiple demands, work under pressure, and meet deadlines with accuracy, speed, independent judgment, and minimal supervision
- Ability to interact professionally, courteously, diplomatically and effectively with internal departments
- Computer skills, such as MS Office, Word, Excel, and Google required
- Ability to stay abreast of trends, new systems, tools and features and to evaluate for potential use in Institutional Advancement.
- Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Experience working with Annual Giving data analysis preferred