Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
Locations: This role can be based out of any EDF US office or can be fully remote in the contiguous U.S.
The Development Operations Manager is responsible for managing a wide array of high priority initiatives as directed by the Senior Director, Principal and Major Gifts. The manager will report to the Senior Director and will dedicate their time to improving data and information exchange for the Major Gifts team in several areas, including through maintaining departmental consistency on budgets, financial projections, travel, and events. The manager will operate with significant independence in this role, partnering with portfolio managers throughout the Development department. This is a great position for someone who is creative, outgoing, and skilled at developing tools and processes that make work more efficient.
The Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with colleagues at all levels throughout EDF and maintaining a working knowledge of top organizational priorities.
- Comprehensive management of multiple, simultaneous initiatives such as managing fundraising travel and activities for executives that are strategically important, and which support the Development Department’s goals
- Developing, updating, and managing scopes of work, timelines, workstreams and deliverables related to complex trip planning
- Developing, updating, and managing projections and other important fundraising benchmarks
- Developing and maintaining a working knowledge of top organizational priorities
- Developing materials for and communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Reporting to senior staff on progress
- Serving as a trusted resource throughout the Major & Principal Gifts team and advising on projects and challenges as needed
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 6 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated exceptional planning, organization, time management and project management skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple high profile projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of current principles and trends in fundraising
- Experience working for an environmental non-profit highly preferred
- Ability to be flexible and maintain a sense of humor with rapidly shifting priorities and a fast-paced work environment
- Experienced with Microsoft Office and project management tools
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 82,000 - 90,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.