Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
Donor Events and Engagement Coordinator - this will be a hybrid role out of our NYC office
EDF’s Development Department is responsible for developing and managing relationships with the organization’s donors and prospective donors. The Donor Engagement and Events team is responsible for engaging existing donors and building EDF’s pipeline of support through events, field trips and targeted programming.
The Donor Engagement & Events Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Senior Director, Donor Engagement and Events to provide data, project management, and administrative support on domestic and international donor field trips and events. The Coordinator will provide day-of logistical support for donor events, field trips, Board meetings, and virtual engagements, maintaining the highest standard of professionalism in both written and verbal communications. This role will also provide support for general scheduling and administrative needs for the Senior Director and broader Donor Engagement and Events team on various projects, including EDF’s Environmental Leaders.
- Manage administrative logistics related to donor field trips including but not limited to, processing vendor contracts and invoices, budget management, expense reporting, and meeting scheduling.
- Assist with designing, creating and maintaining digital invitations using the CVENT platform for donor field trips and events.
- Serve as primary point of contact for event and field trip registrations. Provide timely and professional follow-up to all inquiries, coordinating with event staff and portfolio managers as needed.
- Lead the management and maintenance of field trip and event team data, including:
- Collecting, compiling, and maintaining invitation lists
- Creating and uploading daily event RSVP reports
- Maintaining events and departmental calendars, event files and other online databases, including via Microsoft OneDrive, Project Space and files kept on Development internal shared drive
- Manage all donor research requests in collaboration with the Research Team
- Partner with the Data Team on field trip attendance reporting, developing new reports and queries as needed
- Support the production and inventory management of all donor field trip materials including orientation materials, branded items and first aid kits.
- Assist with field trip research including flight options, visa requirements, health and safety considerations, cultural excursions and points of interest.
- Working with lead event planners, manage various event logistics including (but not limited to) venue recommendations, menu planning, speaker scheduling and vendor management
- Create and implement processes and materials designed to improve cross-departmental efficiency and effectiveness of event projects
- Coordinate the production, inventory, collection and shipping of supplies and materials (event signage, brochures, programs, giveaways, nametags, etc.) for offsite events
- Assist with the backend management of live virtual events on Zoom and Bluejeans
- Provide on-site, day-of support for in-person field trips, events and board meetings, as required
- Perform other administrative duties in support of events as needed
- Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Donor Engagement and Events, work on special projects as needed.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
We seek a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter. The qualifications for this position include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Advanced skills in Google suite and Microsoft Office: OneDrive, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of web-based contact/CRM and event management platforms such as Salesforce and CVENT is a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Ability to manage the details of complex projects with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail and follow through on tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment to identify and solve problems
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends and travel as needed for event staffing
- 3+ years of event/trip planning and/or non-profit development experience highly preferred
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 63,000 - 68,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site at: https://www.edf.org/jobs/donor-engagement-coordinator
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.