The Disability & Philanthropy Forum is an emerging philanthropy-serving organization created by the Presidents’ Council on Disability Inclusion in Philanthropy. Central to the Forum’s mission is centering the perspectives of disabled people while engaging the philanthropic sector in a collective learning journey about disability that moves toward a more equitable, inclusive future for all.
The Disability & Philanthropy Forum is fiscally sponsored by the Proteus Fund who partners with foundations, advocates, and individual donors to advance democracy, human rights, and peace.
The program and communications manager is an integral part of a small team. The manager will assist with the disability in philanthropy learning series and support the digital communications efforts to build stronger engagement among external stakeholders. The manager reports directly to the Senior Director of Program and Communications. This position also works closely with the Learning Services Director on member webinars and other events, and with the Editor-in-Chief on website and newsletter projects. This is a full-time (40-hour per week) remote position.
● Coordinate the learning series, including pre, day-of, and post webinar responsibilities.
● Assist in supporting the Presidents’ Council on Disability Inclusion in Philanthropy, which includes organizing the meetings, creating and/or editing meeting materials, and working on the Forum’s progress report.
● Plan and coordinate online and in-person events in collaboration with the team.
● Work with Editor-in-Chief to implement robust social media and SEO strategies:
○ Monitor social media.
○ Update website content.
○ Monitor website for necessary updates and edits.
○ Create monthly reports for social media and the website.
● Support the Digital Content and Community Manager in developing the Forum’s podcast, including serving as the liaison for guest speakers.
● Assist in building and maintaining the media contact list.
○ Track media mentions and prepare media clips reports.
● Assist in implementation of the organizational membership acquisition strategy.
● Oversee reports and development of member materials.
○ Develop the Forum’s annual report for members.
○ Proofread and coordinate with graphic designers on research reports.
○ Support the development of collateral materials from the reports, including fact sheets, blogs, vignettes, and videos.
○ Pull relevant Mailchimp statistics for reporting purposes.
● Format and send e-newsletter in collaboration with Digital Content and Community Manager.
● Coordinate with graphic designers on projects.
○ Handle basic photo, video editing, and design (Canva).
● Assist in selecting and implementing a constituent relationship management system (CRM).
The Program and Communications Associate will work to support the team in engaging the philanthropic sector in a collective learning journey about disability that moves toward a more equitable, inclusive future for all. Additional requirements include:
● Commitment to the mission and values of a progressive disability inclusion organization
● Strong verbal and written communication including editing and note taking skills
● Highly organized and detail oriented
● Relationship management
● Solid problem solving and analytical skills
● Attention to detail and a high degree of organization
● Sound decision-making skills
● Technical acumen
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Time management and organization
● Knowledge of disability inclusion, rights, and justice
● A team player with an ability to work with diverse teams with accountability and responsibility
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
● Personal experience with disability preferred.
● We value candidates who can demonstrate capability and articulate how prior experiences will help them transition into this role.
● Minimum of five years of relevant experience in communications and social media marketing.
● Proficient with WordPress, Mailchimp, Social media channels (posting and advertising), Sprout Social, Photo editing tool (e.g. PicMonkey or Canva), Google Analytics, Google Ads, GSuite and Microsoft office applications, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Pro, Zoom, and experienced in or with aptitude to learn accessibility features for all programs.
● Working knowledge of: Constituent Relationship Management system (e.g., Neon) and Survey Monkey and Zoom applications.
● Event and meeting management experience.
The salary range for this position is $82,000 - $92,000 per year.
● Medical and dental benefits for employee and eligible dependents available on first day of employment
● Retirement savings account (401k) with an organization contribution of 10% of annual salary
● Three weeks paid vacation in first year of work; four weeks in subsequent years
● Fifteen sick days per year
● Three personal days per year
● Twelve paid holidays
● Professional development initiatives for growth
● Paid Family Leave
For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, and name and contact information for three references by February 3, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit materials in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject line: Program and Communications Manager.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Proteus Fund, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
The Disability & Philanthropy Forum is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Gail Fuller at email@example.com or 407-917-6864.