About Manhattanville College
Manhattanville College is an independent, coeducational, liberal arts college located about 30 miles north of New York City on a picturesque campus of 100 acres. The College enrolls a nationally and internationally diverse student body of approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students with over 40% of our students coming from historically underrepresented populations. Building on its heritage of social justice and social activism, the College prepares students through rigorous academic and co-curricular programs, for ethical and socially responsible leadership in a global community. We achieve this through integrated learning that combines classroom rigor with experiential opportunities, leadership with service, intimate attention with global reach, progressive change with enduring values, and social commitment with ethical responsibility. The College is fully committed to an inclusive and culturally diverse faculty, staff and student community. We seek to recruit qualified and diverse candidates who will help us achieve our goal of creating an inclusive community that is welcoming to all people.
Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, (VPIA) the Manager of Annual Giving is responsible for the management of a comprehensive annual giving program. In partnership with the VPIA, the Manager provides strategic direction for solicitation strategies involving email, direct mail, social media, personal visitation, and volunteer engagement, all focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support. The Manager will also collaborate with other members of the Advancement team to engage alumni in meaningful ways to advance the goals of the College.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommend annual giving goals based on historical performance and alumni pool opportunity and build strategic and tactical plans for achieving these goals.
- Develop a case for support that effectively articulates the need for and use of gifts.
- Work with the communications team to maintain consistent College messaging and branding and implement effective multichannel communication strategies that reinforce giving to the annual fund.
- Create a solicitation plan for various constituent segments including but not limited to athletics, recent grads, reunion gifts, long-term donors, and those identified as having potential for the greatest growth.
- Oversee all annual giving programs, including direct mail; Valiant Challenge, Giving Tuesday, One Day Campaign; faculty/staff and parent campaigns; and the senior gift campaign.
- Develop, execute, and manage a donor stewardship program that recognizes various levels and specific types of annual giving.
- Work closely with Advancement Services to ensure the accuracy of annual giving data entry, gift processing, and provide comprehensive reporting and analysis for all annual giving programs.
- Create and produce all annual fund mail solicitation pieces and supporting materials.
- Work with the Alumni Office to create an experience that increases understanding of why giving is important and transitions prospects from students to engaged, loyal alumni.
- Steward the Leadership Circle, developing special communications, invitations, and receptions that encourages increased giving.
- Manage a prospect pool with annual goals for personal contact and giving outcomes. Personally solicit annual gifts of $1,000 to $15,000.
Manhattanville College has a remote work program that provides a minimum of two days remote per week. This position is eligible for remote work.
For consideration, send cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.
Manhattanville College is committed to equality of educational opportunity, and is an equal opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against current or prospective students and employees on the basis of race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you are unable to complete this application process due to a disability, contact Manhattanville Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Promoting the health and safety of all of Manhattanville’s students, faculty and staff is of the utmost importance. To that end, the College will be requiring that all employees be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Applications may be made for accommodations based on medical disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.