About Manhattanville College
Manhattanville College is an independent, coeducational, liberal arts college located about 30 miles north of New York City on a picturesque campus of 100 acres. The College enrolls a nationally and internationally diverse student body of approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students with over 40% of our students coming from historically underrepresented populations. Building on its heritage of social justice and social activism, the College prepares students through rigorous academic and co-curricular programs, for ethical and socially responsible leadership in a global community. We achieve this through integrated learning that combines classroom rigor with experiential opportunities, leadership with service, intimate attention with global reach, progressive change with enduring values, and social commitment with ethical responsibility. The College is fully committed to an inclusive and culturally diverse faculty, staff and student community. We seek to recruit qualified and diverse candidates who will help us achieve our goal of creating an inclusive community that is welcoming to all people.
Reporting to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, the Manager of Advancement Services plays a pivotal role in supporting the Office of Institutional Advancement (IA) through database management, gift processing, constituent tracking, and financial reporting of all advancement activities.
· Develop and implement systems for data integrity, data entry, gift processing, prospect research, and relationship management using Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge, iModules, and Omatic.
· Document best practices and enforce protocol for data entry to ensure accuracy and security.
· Train staff and volunteers on database use as needed.
· Create, update and maintain constituent records in Raiser’s Edge and across all database systems.
· Track movement in database of all prospects through the donor cycle (identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship).
· Conduct research and prepare comprehensive biographical profiles on donors and prospects in support of solicitation and board/volunteer recruitment efforts.
· Manage and produce all gift agreements, acknowledgements, quarterly pledge reminders and stewardship reports, ensuring that best practices and procedures are followed.
· Implement daily gift entry and acknowledgements, ensuring that they are timely, accurate and reconciled with the Finance Office.
· Prepare Institutional Advancement reports, including: fundraising updates, proposals, and scholarship reports.
· Generate prospect/solicitation/mailing lists for all IA team members as needed.
Required Skills, Experience and Education
· A minimum of 3-5 years of experience required, including knowledge of and experience in records management, gift processing and data integrity.
· Bachelor's degree required.
· Experience with Raiser's Edge required, including query, export, and report building.
· Experience with IWAVE or comparable wealth screening software required.
· Must demonstrate initiative and a high level of attention to detail.
· Must be able to work effectively across multiple departments and at all levels of the College.
· Work on nights and weekends may be required for specific events, including reunion weekend and other advancement activities.
Manhattanville College has a remote work program that provides a minimum of two days remote per week. This position is eligible for remote work.
For consideration, send cover letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manhattanville College is committed to equality of educational opportunity, and is an equal opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against current or prospective students and employees on the basis of race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you are unable to complete this application process due to a disability, contact Manhattanville Human Resources at email@example.com to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Promoting the health and safety of all of Manhattanville’s students, faculty and staff is of the utmost importance. To that end, the College will be requiring that all employees be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Applications may be made for accommodations based on medical disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.