About Manhattanville College
Manhattanville College is an independent, coeducational, liberal arts college located about 30 miles north of New York City on a picturesque campus of 100 acres. The College enrolls a nationally and internationally diverse student body of approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students with over 40% of our students coming from historically underrepresented populations. Building on its heritage of social justice and social activism, the College prepares students through rigorous academic and co-curricular programs, for ethical and socially responsible leadership in a global community. We achieve this through integrated learning that combines classroom rigor with experiential opportunities, leadership with service, intimate attention with global reach, progressive change with enduring values, and social commitment with ethical responsibility. The College is fully committed to an inclusive and culturally diverse faculty, staff and student community. We seek to recruit qualified and diverse candidates who will help us achieve our goal of creating an inclusive community that is welcoming to all people.
Development Associate – Office of Institutional Advancement
The Development Associate will play a crucial role in advancing all aspects of Manhattanville’s fundraising program. Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Development Associate is responsible for administrative, operations, and event support for Manhattanville’s Advancement team.
- Manage and maintain Raisers Edge database, ensuring that records are current and accurate.
· Process and enter gifts in Raisers Edge database and work with the finance department to track and reconcile pledges and donations.
· Create reports from Raisers Edge to track donations, donor/prospect engagement, and other fundraising activities.
- Assist with annual Advancement events, including managing invitation lists and mailings, coordinating event volunteers, and providing in-person support at events.
- Provide administrative support for annual fund appeals, including preparing postal and email solicitations, as well as tracking, reporting, and acknowledging gifts.
· Provide administrative support to the Vice President and other members of the Advancement team, as needed.
Required Skills, Experience and Education
· Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience at a nonprofit or higher education institution.
· Proficiency with Raisers Edge or equivalent fundraising database, and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and social media platforms.
· Strong verbal and writing skills and attention to detail.
· Must be able to work effectively across multiple departments and at all levels of the College.
· Work on nights and weekends may be required for specific events, including reunion weekend and other advancement activities.
Manhattanville College has a remote work program that provides a minimum of two days remote per week. This position is eligible for remote work.
For consideration, send cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.
Manhattanville College is committed to equality of educational opportunity, and is an equal opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against current or prospective students and employees on the basis of race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you are unable to complete this application process due to a disability, contact Manhattanville Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Promoting the health and safety of all of Manhattanville’s students, faculty and staff is of the utmost importance. To that end, the College will be requiring that all employees be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Applications may be made for accommodations based on medical disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.