We’re hiring a dynamic and motivated Business Development Specialist (B2B Sales) to help us expand our clientele. You are excited about talking to new people and connecting the dots between what they need and what our company provides. As a Business Development Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting the market’s growth strategy of Kishshana & Co. and commitment to client service. You understand our markets (social sector, tech, and cannabis) competitive landscape and can utilize your business development and marketing expertise, along with knowledge of professional services, to deploy the full range of services required to support our business development and marketing goals.
As Business Development Specialist, you’ll be joining a fast-paced and energetic team that is focused on helping create a new generation of adaptive and transformative leaders by providing elevated live experiences and delivering the best training, case studies, and inspiration through our content platforms.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be the introductory face of the company and will need to apply an effective B2B sales strategy that compels clients to want to hire us. In short, you’ll be making them offers they can't say "no" to. The goal for this role is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients. You will be accountable for three main areas of responsibility:
Market and Client Development
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our clients and potential clients in order to drive strategic priorities, including client engagement and relationship building
- Providing research, analysis, and reporting to support the identification and development of new clients and the enhancement of existing client relationships
- Identify new business opportunities and leads and follow them through to completion in the sales process
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs for one or more of our business services
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
New Business Sales
- Leading the implementation of business development strategies and initiatives in alignment with the strategic objectives of practices, markets, relevant industry sectors, and/or clients as assigned
- Aiding in the execution of cross-selling strategies, including collaborating with the KCO team
- Coordinating the research of markets, competition, and client targets conflicts for the department and practice groups to drive strategy
- Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc via our CRM.
- Develop relationships with clients to help extend the life of the engagement with our company
- Developing internal communications to inform relevant practice and industry, developments, and market synergies
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of written marketing materials and website content, including practice profiles and relevant experience lists
- Project manage contracts to close to ensure continuity from sales process to client onboarding
WHO YOU MIGHT BE
This might be a fantastic opportunity for you if you:
- Are excited about joining a Black Led start up organization that is scaling quickly.
- A Sales Ninja; you always know where the secret sale is and can find “the connect”
- Are a self-starter. You think quickly on your feet, are adept at solving problems, work well with frameworks but can build out new processes quickly and execute them.
- Enjoy connecting and building meaningful relationships with others
- Know that your team members and managers would describe you as warm, passionate, upbeat, insightful, exceptionally organized and proactive.
- Have the ability to close a minimum of 5 new clients per month
- Proven working experience as a business development or account manager, sales executive or a relevant role working with B2B professional services products. Software sales experience is not applicable for this role
- Proven sales track record; we are going to want to see that you know how to find, cultivate and close new business
- Experience in customer experience/relationship journey
- Experience working with service based clients whose gross annual revenue is minimum $1 million to multi-millions (tech or product sales not applicable in this case)
- Fluent in English; able to communicate verbally and in writing in English
We're looking for someone who has the following core competencies:
- Results-orientation: Achieve a desired goal by planning and working towards it proactively.
- Customer Service Orientation: anticipate and respond promptly and professionally to requests and needs from all key stakeholders and set clear expectations while taking other perspectives into account.
- Entrepreneurialism: demonstrates comfort with risk- and initiative-taking in order to achieve unique and aggressive goals.
- Relationship-Building/Relationships Management: Utilize effective interpersonal skills and techniques to reach mutually beneficial goals over time.
- 100% Follow-through: Cares deeply about getting results, stays on top of all specific tasks/follow-up items, and consistently meets deadlines.
WHAT TO EXPECT
You’ll be mainly sourcing clients who are interested in training, retreats, coaching and change management projects in the social sector, tech, and cannabis industries. This role requires the willingness and ability to learn quickly, work fast and be flexible. This is an amazing opportunity to work with a dope team growing a small but dynamic business. The role requires occasional nights and weekends, hours are typically Monday - Friday 10-6. We are a remote - first company and you can work anywhere.
OUR TECH STACK
- Facebook Creator Studio
- Google Workspace
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, nationality, national origin, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, We will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This is a full-time contract to a permanent position with Kishshana & Co. The compensation for this role is base + commission.
- Starting salary is annualized at $45,000 plus a 10% commission on every closed deal.
- All KCO team members are eligible for a performance bonus after 6 months with the company.
- We will provide you with Kishshana & Co. business phone number
- Tech Stipend after 90 Days