Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
Locations: Hybrid 2-3 days in office New York City or Washington, DC or Remote-US
The Marketing and Communications Senior Assistant will provide vital department and administrative support to the Marketing and Communications (MarComm) department executives. They will work to develop and implement efficient protocols for project tracking, scheduling, correspondence, budget coding/expenses, invoicing, team coordination, and meeting and event planning. Their primary responsibilities will be administrative, but they will also support associated MarComm tasks where appropriate. They will report to the MarComm Department manager. This position will provide varying levels of administrative support to six MarComm executives.
- Manage calendars, schedule individual and team meetings, appointments, and conference calls (often across various time zones domestically and internationally) and manage booking of associated conference rooms and/or video conferencing
- Coordinate logistics for workshops, team trainings, and professional development activities
- Assist with tracking MarComm goals, objectives, and results building transparency across the team and ensuring goals are tracked, recorded and scored
- Coordinate and make travel arrangements for multiple senior staff members, while anticipating and proactively resolving scheduling or logistical conflicts
- Lead, coordinate, organize and execute the planning of MarComm internal and external events including travel, meeting logistics, (meeting space, food, etc.,) and material development (agenda, etc.)
- Lend support to executives where needed and tackle special projects where assigned
- Manage task lists, help organize project execution and track deliverables and next steps from meetings and workshops; interact across departments to keep projects on track
- Track, manage and streamline subscriptions and dues
- Maintain and update file libraries/archives including proactively managing and improving Project Spaces, Dropbox, the EDF Library and/or other platforms for managing files
- Process expense reports, invoices and AmEx statements for several senior staff; work with Finance and MarComm staff to ensure project codes and proposal numbers are used appropriately to track expenses as needed
- Assist with coordination, development, and tracking of consulting contracts and grant agreements; ensure EDF internal policies and processes are followed, and work with Finance to ensure payments are processed
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- Actively stay up to date on team workflows; coordinate and disseminate information within and across teams, including via written materials where appropriate; actively work to improve systems, operations, procedures, and processes
- Attend internal and external meetings to take notes and document and track key takeaways, next steps, and resource or research needs
- Act as a liaison where appropriate between MarComm and internal departments and/or external partners
- Take on special projects including initiatives to improve communications, project development and efficiency between MarComm and other EDF programs or departments
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- At least 4 years of administrative work experience in fast-paced, detail-oriented environment required. A Bachelor’s degree may substitute for up to 2 years
- A track record of excellence in administrative, logistical and project management support
- High level of organizational skills and extremely detail-oriented
- Proactive self-starter with a strong ability to anticipate team needs, quickly resolve issues or conflicts and to think ahead to meet the needs of staff for successful results
- Ability to track multiple projects and manage workflows of a team towards a deadline
- Ability to be responsive to and juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment, manage last-minute changes, and remain calm and focused
- Strong written and oral communication skills for executive level logistics management, with proclivity for discretion and tact as well as prompt and detail-oriented follow-up
- Ability to oversee, coordinate, and execute projects with a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point) and Adobe software programs
- Experience working with staff in different cultures, countries, and in various time zones a plus
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 49,000 - 53,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site at: https://www.edf.org/jobs/senior-assistant-marketing-and-communications
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.