Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
EDF+Business has been working with the private sector to address the world’s most pressing environmental problems for over thirty years. We develop and deploy business and investor engagement strategies that accelerate environmental leadership, innovation, and results across industries and supply chains. We are working to create a more sustainable and resilient world where companies, communities and the environment thrive - and we’re making it happen by leveraging the power of the marketplace. We bring together cutting-edge science, policy, and economic expertise to high-impact companies to transform business as usual in their products, operations, and advocacy. For more information on our work, visit business.edf.org.
Job Details & Location
This is a full-time position on a 12-month fixed-term contract that would be ideally performed on a hybrid arrangement out of one of EDF's following offices: New York City, NY; Boston MA; Washington DC; San Francisco, CA; Raleigh, NC
We are looking for our next superstar Senior Program Assistant to provide high quality administrative and programmatic support to the senior leadership staff in the EDF+Business mission team. This Senior Program Assistant will provide heavy calendar and travel support for senior staff, as well as lighter touch administrative support for other team members. Additional responsibilities include monthly financial/expense reporting, program contract management and invoice processing, occasional research and event planning, and organizing team culture building activities. This role will report to and work closely with the Associate Vice President of Strategy and Operations, EDF+Business and will assist in supporting and coordinating general program operations.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating and maintaining an orderly, thriving workplace. Will be detail-oriented, a fast-learner who is thorough in their approach and willing to go the extra mile to complete tasks. A team player who can work independently, anticipate issues before they arise, share solutions-oriented ideas, and exudes integrity and trustworthiness so they can become a trusted partner to our senior leaders.
We’re looking for an individual with a proven track-record of providing high quality administrative support and who wants to grow their career. An individual who is highly organized, resourceful, intellectually curious, and flexible enough to adapt to an ever-evolving work environment.
The Senior Program Assistant will:
- Provide high quality administrative support for two to three senior leaders on the EDF+Business mission team.
- Provide individual and team calendar support which includes scheduling meetings, appointments, conference calls and video conferences for both internal staff meetings and high-profile external stakeholder meetings, experience scheduling across multiple time zones.
- Manage team meetings and provide support with meeting agendas and meeting minutes on an as needed basis.
- Process monthly expense reports and AmEx statements for multiple staff.
- Plan domestic and international travel arrangements and prepare detailed itineraries as requested.
- Track monthly expenses for designated workstreams, code expenses for donor tracking purposes.
- Support teams with various annual strategic planning tasks including coordination of milestone setting and project plan development.
- Coordinate planning and logistics for large meetings, conferences or events, and follow through on execution of successful events.
- Maintain and update shared documents for the team, save and organize team files as needed.
- Update information in online databases, including Salesforce.
- Assist with special projects and requests, this could include researching industry trends and leaders, monitoring news media for topics of interest, promoting our program work internally through team announcements, monthly meetings or insider stories (EDF’s intranet), or tracking our board and donor communications.
- Back-up other EDF+Business program assistants as needed.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
The Program Assistant should have a proven track record of being highly organized, responsible and results focused. They should be a detail-oriented self-starter who is a strong team player and can also work well with limited supervision. The qualifications for this position include but are not limited to:
- 2-3+ years of relevant administrative office experience in a business or non-profit setting.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate obstacles, challenges and ask clarifying questions; strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and activities from several professionals often in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgement as some tasks may involve confidential information.
- Ability to support a team of people who regularly travel and are often out of the office.
- Ability to oversee details of complex projects with a high level of accuracy and extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate challenges before they arise and proactively address issues, so situations do not escalate.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment and organize information in a thoughtful manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and OneDrive, Google Docs/Sheets.
- Experience using Concur, Salesforce and Adobe a plus.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.
$51,000 - $54,000 USD/Yr.
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site at: