The Loveland Foundation is growing and we need a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to guide the financial systems that empower us. We’re searching for an experienced CFO to join our team to help keep our finances insightful and instrumental to our continued success. We are looking for a CFO to bring a forward - looking and proactive stance to managing The Loveland Foundation finances. This seasoned strategist not only understands current accounting practices and trends, but has proven experience raising capital and adapting to change–both in growth and downsizing. As a member of our senior management team, they will be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication and presentation skills.
● Competent – Solid accounting skills and background, nuts and bolts experience in the operations of a business and/or nonprofit, a strategic thinker with a big-picture mentality.
● Committed – Passionate about the mission of the organization and understands the realities of the nonprofit sector.
● Communicative – Able to speak in non-financial language, can translate and teach financial literacy, relates well to the board of directors and multiple stakeholders, and is a strong writer and communicator.
● Creative – Flexible, thinks outside the box, figures out how to say “yes” and make things possible!
● Master’s degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance
● 5+ years of experience in executive leadership positions
● Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
● Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, audit and tax planning
● Working knowledge of raising capital beyond traditional lines of credit
● CPA a strong plus
Objectives of this Role
● Responsible, either directly or by managing staff, for all cash management, investments, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting, helping to drive the company’s financial strategy and hiring needs
● Coordinate the development of the annual operating, capital, and program budgets, and reporting against the same
● Ensure cash flow is compatible with company operations, by overseeing the day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal control activities of the organization
● Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing compliance for nonprofits, and taking action Daily and Monthly
● Work with the senior management to efficiently develop proposal budgets, provide access to project finance information, and manage contract/grant compliance and reporting
● Oversee HR function, coordinating with external service providers (payroll, benefits, onboarding and general HR) and internal staff responsible for various aspects of HR.
● Manage finance personnel and oversee financial IT systems, ensuring compliance with all applicable Financial Accounting Standards Board, Internal Revenue Service, State Attorney General, and other relevant regulations
● Support the CEO of The Loveland Foundation with the preparation of monthly and annual financial plans
● Maintain speed and accuracy of billings and payments of therapists
● Coordinate and produce all tax and audit documentations as required