Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) is seeking an Alumni Relations Officer, Lifelong Learning, to join its Institutional Advancement Department (IA). IA cultivates relationships from a variety of sources to support the priorities of the college. Institutional Advancement understands that art and design drive human progress and produces innovations that shape our world. It is deeply committed to building an inclusive community enlivened by a determination to address the most important challenges of our time, and this includes RISD alumni and families. The Alumni + Family Relations Office values the people, projects, and passions that make our creative community so extraordinary.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Alumni + Family Relations, the Alumni Relations Officer, Life-Long Learning, is responsible for developing inclusive, scalable life and career programming for 31,000+ global alumni across alumni life stages and geographic regions, such as but not limited to career transitions, networking, continuing education, and job searching. This includes the management of the Life-Long Learning Webinar Series, in-person and virtual workshops, the Alumni Travel Program, partnering with profession-based affinity groups, student programs and, the administration and oversight of the RISD Network.
The Alumni Relations Officer, Life-Long Learning is also responsible for the management of the life-long learning budget, serves as the liaison between Alumni + Family Relations and Continuing Education, RISD Careers and its staff, and supports committees of the Alumni Association and the Families Association, as appropriate.
As an employer, RISD offers a supportive, collegial, and inclusive work environment, and a competitive benefits package.
- Develop programming to bring lifelong learning opportunities to alumni across life stages and geographic locations, through:
- Building a suite of learning opportunities for alumni, with a balance of programming for the fine art, business skills, design, the RISD Museum, RISD Careers, Continuing Education and organizations outside RISD to provide joint program/discounted programs on campus and in regional clubs. Collaborate with travel programs on career focused programming. Collaborate with Continuing Education on Alumni Labs by providing alumni contact information and input around content for Labs.
- Representing Alumni Relations to Career Center, ensuring complementary and collaborative programming, flow of information, mutual support for programs:
- Share, cross promote and partner on Career Center presentations when in alignment with life-long learning programming
- Develop “Business etiquette” workshops that focus on business-minded career transitions
- Monitor and track the life-long learning budget, including expense process and related actions
- In partnership with volunteer leaders and campus partners, including RISD Careers, develop, promote, manage, expand and execute RISD Trek programs, including travel to scout locations, plan logistics, and supervise student trips.
- Support Alumni Association Leadership Council meetings, conference calls, etc. and the connection with the Families Association, as directed by the Executive Director.
- Facilitate the administration, oversight, and development of the PeopleGrove Platform which delivers the mentorship and RISD Network opportunities.
- Administers the Alumni Travel Program
- Demonstrated commitment to social equity and inclusion, including experience/ability to identify and emphasize diverse perspectives in programming, communications, and strategy.
- disability, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Strong time management skills. Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and under deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience with strong computer skills in programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps.
- Ability to track and monitor budgets.
- Ability to write persuasively and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and engaging nature.
- Ability to comfortably and effectively speak in public and make presentations that are externally facing.
- Ability to interact and correspond professionally with staff and alumni.
- Ability to travel 6-8 times per year, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent in years of related experience
- Three years of progressively responsible alumni relations or program development to execution experience required with some experience managing and fostering productive relationships with alumni and campus partners.